Outside General Counsel
You want to receive not only excellent services from your General Counsel — but value as well! You want your company’s attorney to be responsive, to treat your business like a Fortune 500 company – even if that benchmark is down the road. Here at Thomas M Fountain & Associates, PC we deliver excellence – excellence in service and value. We see each client as a major force within it’s industry, whether now or in the imminent future, and we strive to be a legal partner in your company’s success.
Thomas M Fountain & Associates PLLC is a new solution for greater Houston’s energy and corporate firms seeking quality legal services at reasonable rates. Our team of experienced corporate attorneys and litigators are ready to serve your company’s needs from A-Z. As outside general counsel, we work closely with our clients as we gain an in-depth understanding of their business activities and objectives. We want to understand your organization, your goals, and what you specifically want to achieve in any given legal situation. We are focused on providing client-centered and cost-effective advice on legal issues confronting clients on a daily basis. Unlike larger firms where individual clients may feel lost in a maze of legal representation, we pride ourselves in our responsiveness to our clients, and endeavor to work swiftly and effectively to achieve the most cost-effective solutions to your business needs. Our representation includes periodic assessments with you of the potential outcome of our work, with an eye on streamlining any factual or legal matter for the best outcome possible, at a competitive rate.
We understand that your company’s needs are diverse and are prepared to assist with both your commercial transactional and litigation needs. Our mission is to provide efficient, innovative and forward-looking solutions that will further your business success well into the future.
As your outside general counsel, we provide unlimited phone calls and e-mails to those matters within the scope of our General Counsel agreement. We will coordinate and oversee:
- Commercial contracts, licensing agreements, joint venture agreements, and other strategic transactional agreements
- Company formation including LLC Operating Agreement, By-laws,
- Corporate governance, board and shareholder resolutions, consents, directors meetings, shareholder meetings, and minutes
- Purchase and sale agreements, nondisclosure agreement, non-compete agreement
- IP Assignment Agreements, Software License Agreement
- Counseling officers and directors on fiduciary duties and strategic considerations
- Employment matters including hiring, drug policy, termination, employee handbooks
- Executive compensation, including stock options, restricted stock agreements, and equity and non-equity based incentive compensation
- General advice within the areas of litigation, arbitration and risk management.
Litigation is also within our wheelhouse as the Firm is rated AV Preeminent based on our successful track record in the courtroom. We will be happy to discuss any such litigation needs, potential or pending.